the way I see it

Friday, March 03, 2006

Cows

So I took the kids outside for a walk today and well, there aren't alot of places to go BUT to the cow pens, so...

Here's a Mommy with her new baby who was born early this morning. Not the poor Mom's best side, I know. But still, aren't they cute? In case you were wondering? My job in the whole cow deal is to write the cow's numbers on the tags that go in their ears. Not WHILE it's in the cows ears, but spread out nicely on my kitchen table.

So then we thought lets go where the action happens so we went here...

That barn in the back there? That's where the babies are born. It gets pretty nasty in there so we decided to stay out. The kids asked me if they could give some Hay to the cows. I said sure,
and Hannah - the girl with no fear - ran right up.

then Dylan thought - ok, she did it - I'll give them hay too!


Only, does it not look a little frightening to you the way they are all standing there looking at them? Like, they will totally eat these kids if they fall into the trough? Yeah, that's what I thought, too.

My cow, yes, I have a cow. I picked her out all on my own.. I didn't get a picture of her. She was out eating or laying down. Being a cow is a busy life you know. But she's red. With a white face. And her name is Georgia.

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute mom and babe. the cows don't look like they'd eat the kdis. they look entirely too bored and superior to eat the kdis. lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home