the way I see it

Sunday, February 19, 2006

the things kids do...

you know how there are good days? when you wake up and your kids are happy and no one is fighting or screaming or crying. and then there are those bad days. which is so not about any of that good stuff.

so today (so far) has been a good day. my kids woke up happy, early, but happy.. and have been super cute.

here are a few things that they have done that just make me smile ( and hope to god the rest of the day goes as smoothly)

*Dylan and the way his 4 year old self dances. Awkward and Adorable all at the same time.

*How when I told my 2 year old Hannah to be quiet because her little brother was still sleeping she started this exagerated tip toeing motion that was everything but actually quiet.

*How she can have a great! idea! And go on with much excitment about it. And when I ask what the great idea is she tells me it's having some chocolate for breakfast.

*How my almost 6 month old Gavin growls at me whenever I look at him.

*How Hannah tells me she's going to get dressed all by herself only to have her come out of her room dressed in a different nightgown.

*How I tell Dylan to go pee before we leave and when I happen to walk by the bathroom he yells at me that "I don't want you to know I'm peeing, ok Mommy!" Sure buddy, never saw a thing I reply. And he's satisfied with that.

*Speaking of pee - How Hannah needs me to come help her go because the nightgown she's currently wearing is too long and is hard to hold up while she's hovering her little behind on the toilet. And as soon as I help her she demands that she needs "priacy". And how I only get one foot out of the bathroom before she's yelling at me that "I'm dooooooneee!"

*How when I talk to Gavin and make a sad face he gets a pouty lip like he will cry too.

*How Hannah asks me to play dollies with her and as soon as I do she plays hard to get with her doll and tells me her doll has to go home now.

*How Dylan just looked at a picture of winnie the pooh and decided he would draw it himself and you can totally tell what it is.

*How super cuddly and soft Gavin is. Especially wearing this certain red fleece sleeper.

Now, I must go make them banana bread and maybe take them outside for a walk. Turns out it's not as cold today. But if I stay in - you know - laundry.

4 Comments:

At 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent post!!! everyone should read this post. love it.

 
At 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

kids are smelly.

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger DrinkJack said...

Ever so cute!! Cherish every moment

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger buffi said...

Oh, and the very, very best part?? You remembered to write it down. Yay, Mommy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home